- UW Drama Librarian
- Create Student Survey
- Create Parent Survey
- Create agenda for our next meeting
Possible Titles for Unit 3
Night of January 16th – Ayn Rand
On one level, Night of January 16th is a totally gripping drama about the rise and destruction of a brilliant and ruthless man. On a deeper level, it is a superb dramatic objectification of Ayn Rand’s vision of human strength and weakness. Since its original Broadway success, it has achieved vast worldwide popularity and acclaim.
Mrs. Packard– Emily Mann
Illinois, 1861: Without proof of insanity, Elizabeth Packard is committed by her husband to an asylum. Based on historical events, Emily Mann’s play tells of one woman’s struggle to right a system gone wrong in this winner of the Kennedy Center Fund for New American Plays Award
Feedback on possibility: Lots of interest in Mrs. Packard – time period, focus on mental health issues, etc. Some concern about Ayn Rand – less compelling author, forceful philosophy may not be appropriate for unit focus.
- We will need to create surveys for students, parents and teachers.
- Decide when to send out the surveys and how to communicate to all three groups.
- Work with Naomi Calvo to create the surveys.
- Need to include common assessment data. Calibrate for each assessment to assure validity of scoring.