Congratulations to Lance Balla, assistant principal at Newport High School, who was selected to serve as a committee member on the College Board’s ELA Academic Advisory Committee.
The committee will have seven representatives from each of the committees that develop College Board programs in the ELA discipline: SAT Suite, SAT II, SpringBoard, Pre-AP, AP, CLEP, Accuplacer.
The purpose and role of the Academic Advisory Committee will be to:
- Identify the skills that research has shown to be essential for college readiness and success in their discipline
- Identify the best ways to cultivate these skills in College Board courses, assessments, and professional development
- Identify the ways in which integrated approaches to teaching, learning, and measuring these skills can be reflected within and across College Board programs
- Identify issues of significance in the discipline and their potential relevance to the ongoing development of College Board programs
- Serve as a liaison between the integrated Academic Advisory Committee and the specific program development committee upon which committee members serve, helping to align each program development committee with the skills the Academic Advisory Committee determines should be prioritized across College Board programs in ELA discipline.
The goal of this structure is to bring increased coherence, consistency, and power to the work of the College Board instructional and assessment programs.