Director of Facilities & Operations Jack McLeod presented five items to the board for its approval:
- That the district be authorized to enter into a contract in the amount of $356,685.00 plus an allowance of $10,000 for reimbursable expenses, with Sierra Martin Architects for architectural and engineering services as part of the Educational Service Center feasibility study. The study will include: reviewing existing building conditions, meeting with staff to determine facility and support service requirements, recommendations regarding extending the life of the buildings for at least 30 years, and providing schematic design options and cost estimates. The board approved the contract.
- Stevenson Elementary School Replacement Project Change Order No. 1 in the additive amount of $192,753.00 to address storm water drainage issues. The board approved the change.
- Resolution 2017-10, certifying the completion of the Odle Middle School Replacement Project. The board adopted the resolution.
- Resolution 2017-12, certifying the final commissioning report for the Odle Middle School Replacement Project. The board adopted the resolution.
- Resolution 2017-11, certifying the final commissioning report for the Enatai Elementary School Replacement Project. The board adopted the resolution.
The board heard a second reading of Policy 1400: Meeting Conduct, Order of Business and Quorum and approved the policy.
The board also heard and approved a second reading of Policy 2151: Interscholastic Activities. The board members discussed the board’s authority to implement policy regardless of labor discussions involving district coaching staff. The district and the Bellevue Coaches Association (BAC) can still bargain the impact of policy changes.