Middle school and high school students will use StudentVUE to request courses for the 2018-19 school year. Students will receive more information about course offerings and how to use StudentVUE during counselor-led presentations between late February and early April. Parents and guardians will be able to use ParentVUE to view and monitor their student’s course requests for next year.
We encourage students to have a thoughtful dialogue with their families about their course requests as well as their academic plans for the upcoming school year and beyond.View the 2018-19 Course Catalog
How to Request Courses
- Navigate to StudentVUE or ParentVUE (and select a student if needed). Click on the Course Request button.
- Review the information at the top of the screen. Note the Graduation Status Summary at the bottom of the screen for reference of credits Required, Completed, In Progress, Requested Courses, and Remaining. Requirements that have not been met will be highlighted in yellow. This will not display for middle school students.
- The Selected Course Requests section will display course requests for the student. These may include student selected course requests as well as requests assigned by school staff to assist in meeting graduation requirements. Click the Click here to enter or change course requests button to select or change course requests.
- Review the instructions at the top of the screen. Any pre-selected Course Requests will display.
- To add a new class, input a Department, Course ID or Course Title, then click Search Courses. A partial Course ID or Course Title may be entered to increase search results.
- Click on the arrow next to the Course ID to display the course description.
- Click the Request button to select main course requests. Click the Alternate button to select alternate electives. Alternate electives prioritize in the order selected.
- Once course requests are selected, click the Click here to move selected requests to Selected Course Requests button. The Selected Course Requests list will update to include course requests selected.
- Click the Remove button to remove a course request from the list. Locked course requests are pre-selected required courses that may not be removed. Important Note: a course that meets Semester 1 and Semester 2 must have both courses requested or a red warning message displays in the comment field.
- Once all course requests have been made, click the Click here to return to course request summary button.
- The Selected Course Requests grid will update to include requested courses. The Graduation Status Summary will update to include requested courses.
- Logout of StudentVUE/ParentVUE.
If you have any questions regarding registration, graduation requirements, or courses, please contact your student’s counselor. If you experience any issues logging into ParentVUE, please contact Parent Help at (425) 456-4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org