- Board discussed the vacancy for Director District 5: It was noted that 12 nominees were submitted, with 9 of them meeting eligibility requirements. Additionally, the Director District 5 map on the district website was updated appropriately and the remaining district maps are in review for updates.
- Director Carolyn Watson recognized: Received award from Washington State School Directors’ Association (WSDDA) for attending multiple sessions in a topic theme track at the WSSDA Annual Conference.
- The board approved creating a “Serving Each and Every Student” board committee.
- Report on Puesta del Sol Elementary. Highlights included: an overview of the school’s demographics, celebrations for the school community, and the school’s progress on three of the district’s priorities: high-quality instruction, culture & climate, and student well-being.
Board Study Session
- Report on the district’s Exceptional Staff Highlights included: how the district supports its exceptional staff, the four initiatives outlined for the priority, and the goals to achieve the initiatives. Additionally, staff shared testimonials of their journey in education and to BSD.
- The board’s legislative positions were shared by Director Chew with a request for input and no revisions were requested by the other board directors.
- Board visit to Big Picture on Jan. 17.
- The February board workshop was discussed.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.