- Appointed: Francine Wiest, District 5 Board Director, was appointed as the Youth Link Liaison. Sima Sarrafan, District 1 Board Director, will gradually handover the position to Dr. Wiest who will serve as liaison through 2019.
- Approved: the Comprehensive School Safety legislative position to be submitted to Washington State School Directors’ Association, including any edits deemed appropriate by the board legislative representative, and that are consistent with BSD legislative positions, any recent (past three years) board resolutions and the Bellevue School District mission, vision and values.
- Approved: the board approved an easement agreement as submitted by City of Bellevue for a water line to serve Tillicum Middle School.
- Approved: the board approved a construction change order for the Highland Middle School Replacement Project.
- Approved: the board approved a construction change order for the Newport High School Classroom Addition Project.
- Special Education Presentation: Heather Edlund, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, reported to the board on indicators for success for the Special Education Program.
- Emergency Preparedness Presentation: Melissa deVita, Deputy Superintendent Finance and Operations, and Doug James, Director of Security, reported to the board on Safety and Security.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.