- Adopted: the board passed two resolutions; one accepting the final commissioning report for the Sammamish High School Project and a second accepting the Sammamish High School Project as complete.
- Approved: the board approved the contract for photovoltaic (solar panel) additions to Tyee Middle School, Bellevue High School and Chinook Middle School.
- Approved: the board approved modifications to Policy No. 6230: Relations with Vendors.
- First Reading: the board reviewed the draft Equity Policy.
- Approved: the board approved the following Washington State School Directors’ Association (WSSDA) positions:
- Special Needs Services for Students with Disabilities as written
- Comprehensive School Safety as written, with an amendment on gun violence and gun safety. The Legislative Committee will also submit a position proposal to WSSDA that covers gun safety based on board discussions and consistent with BSD legislative positions, recent resolutions, recent WSSDA proposals, and the district’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Approved: the board approved summer meeting dates.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.