It’s School Nurse Day! Every day school nurses in Bellevue School District take care of our students. Here are some amazing facts you might not know about this dedicated group of staff:
- There are 22 certificated nurses in our district protecting our children’s health
- They provide health teaching, care coordination, access to services, health assessments, and support of educational planning for students every day
- They supervise and administer almost 1,900 student medications each year
- They support student physical and mental health
- They write and evaluate almost 1,500 Individual Health Care plans for students with life-threatening health conditions
- They supervise and provide care for the health room visits of our students and staff members over 60,000 times each year
Thank you for promoting Student Well-Being each and every day, we are thankful for all that you do to help our students thrive!