- Resolution 2019-15: The board approved the Educational Programs and Operations Levy Certification Resolution 2019-15. The resolution reduces the General Educational Programs and Operations Excess Levy for 2020 by $20,899,871 from the voter approved amount of $74,000,000 to $53,100,128. Levies cannot exceed limitations imposed by RCW 84.52.0531.
- Policy Review for the 2019-2020 School Year: the board approved prioritized policies for review for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Pre-reading Policies and Procedures: the board conducted pre-readings of Policy 3241 – Classroom Management, Corrective Actions and/or Interventions, and Procedure 0130P – Equity and Accountability.
- First Reading Policy 4218: the board conducted a first reading of Policy 4218 – Language Access.
- Second Reading of Policies and Procedures: the board adopted updates to Policy 4310 – Relations with the Law Enforcement, Child Protective Agencies and the County Health Department, and updates to Policy 0200 – Policy Adoption and Revision, and Administrative Procedures and Procedure 0200P, and Policy 0150 – Planning Process.
- Washington State School Directors’ Association (WSSDA) Backlog Policies: the board adopted of the WSSDA Backlog policies as presented at second reading: Backlog Policies 0000’s and 1000’s Series, Backlog Policies 2,000’s and 3,000’s Series, and Backlog Policies 4,000 and 5,000’s Series.
- December 3 Community Forum: the board reviewed the plan for the December 3 Community Forum.
- Board Annual Reporting Calendar: The board approved the Board Annual Reporting Calendar for the 2019-2020 School year.
- Bond Recommendations: Melissa deVita, Deputy Superintendent Finance and Operations presented findings from the Growth & Planning Committee to meet the future needs of students.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.