Board Annual Organizational Meeting
- Board Officers: the board elected Christine Chew as the Board President and Francine Wiest as the Board Vice President for the coming year.
- Legislative Representative: the board elected Sima Sarrafan as Legislative Representative for the coming year
- Liaisons: The board appointed liaisons to partner groups and organizations for the coming year.
- Committee members: The board designated committee membership for the coming year; Christine Chew and Sima Sarrafan remain board members on the Governance Oversight and Legislative Committee. Erica Melief now joins Francine Wiest on the Students, Instruction and Family Engagement Committee, while Wiest joins Carolyn Watson on the Finance and Operations Committee. Watson and Chew remain board members on the temporary board committee Serving Each and Every Student Committee.
- Disciplinary Appeals Council (DAC): The board appointed Christine Chew as the board representative on the Disciplinary Appeals Council; Erica Melief will act as backup board representative.
- Superintendent Contract: the board approved a modification of the superintendent’s contract for transition to benefits coverage provided by the Health Care Authority under the School Employees Benefits Board.
- Clyde Hill Elementary Replacement Project: the board approved construction change orders needed to accommodate building design changes for the Clyde Hill Elementary Replacement Project.
- Policy and Procedure Readings: the board conducted a second reading of Policy 4218 – Language Access and adopted the policy; first readings were conducted for Policy 3241 – Classroom Management, Corrective Actions and/or Interventions, and Procedure 0130P – Equity and Accountability Procedure.
- Board Committee Updates: board members presented updates to their committee work on Governance, Oversight, and Legislative; Students, Instruction, and Family Engagement; Finance and Operations; and Serving Each and Every Student.
- Fund Balance and Budget Status Reports: Melissa deVita, Deputy Superintendent of Finance and Operations, reported to the board that the district continues to maintain sound fiscal policies resulting in a strong financial position.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.