Make Earth Day every day! Introducing “Green Genius” at home activity guides for grades K-5 and 6-12. All Bellevue School District schools have a Green Genius team made of staff and students that educate their school community on ways to conserve resources. The City of Bellevue and Bellevue School District would like to help everyone be a Green Genius at home too!
The guides will help students learn how to:
- Store food to keep it fresh longer
- Properly sort recycling, food scraps, and garbage and how to conduct a home waste audit
- Recycle unusual items like batteries and broken electronics
- Conserve water and energy at home
- Make crafts from reusable materials at home, such as a soup can instrument
Households can do these activities together or students can work through these guides on their own. Even though they are designed for youth, the actions apply to adults too! Share photos of any projects you complete from this guide to [email protected]. The City of Bellevue or Bellevue School District may post your photos on their websites or social media in the future.