- WIAA and KingCo Athletic Association Memberships: the Board approved the renewal of the WIAA (Washington Interscholastic Activities Association) and KingCo Athletic Association memberships for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Covid-19 Related Updates: the Board was briefed on closure related issues.
- Return-to-School Commitments, Goals & Assumptions: the board reviewed the updated draft of the Return-to-School Commitments, Goals & Assumptions for fall 2020.
- Policy and Procedure Work: the board conducted a first reading of Policy 3210 – Nondiscrimination. The Board conducted second readings, and adopted Policy 0200 – Policy Adoption and Revision, and Administrative Procedures, Policy 0400 – Program Evaluation and Compliance and Procedure 1240 – Board Committees. The Board also reviewed and adopted a temporary suspension and revised public comment section of Policy 1400 – Meeting Conduct, Order of Business and Quorum due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Critical Criteria: the Serving Each and Every Student Committee gave and update on Critical Criteria process, which seeks to address systemic inequities in district programs and initiatives.
- Board Development: the Board reviewed their Development Plan for the 19-20 school year and timeline for an updated plan.
- Summer Board Meetings: the Board set final dates for the July 2020 and August 2020 regular board meetings
- School Visit Dates: the Board reviewed tentative school visit dates and plan for next school year.
- Draft Agenda Review: the Board reviewed agendas for the June 23rd and July meeting.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.