July 28, 2020
Dear BSD Families:
Thank you for your on-going support as we plan for the fall opening of schools. After the Intent to Enroll form was first sent in early July, we heard from many families that they needed more information to decide which fall learning option would best support their students. Earlier this week, learning schedules were sent to families to help guide your decision. We understand that these decisions are difficult especially as the situation continues to evolve. We will continue to work with families as we move forward together.
We are providing families another opportunity to confirm their learning option. If you would like to change your original selection, please complete this Intent to Enroll form for each student by August 2 at 6 p.m.
If you are satisfied with your response on the original form sent in early July, you do not have to do anything and may ignore this message. If you would like to change your response or have yet to complete the form, you may do so now. For incoming preschool families, you do not need to complete this form. If you do not complete the form, we will assign your student to the Temporary Remote Learning/Hybrid Learning model.
We understand the importance of this decision, especially now that there are only two learning options available:
- Temporary Remote Learning / Hybrid Learning
- Families that opt to participate in a Hybrid Learning model will begin school in a Temporary Remote Learning model with the plan to move to the Hybrid Learning model when infection rates are significantly lower.
- BSD Virtual Learning
- Families that opt to participate in 100% remote are enrolled in the BSD Virtual Learning model and will remain there for the first semester at which time they will be given the option to change. Based on current information we anticipate BSD Virtual to be in place for at least this coming school year unless COVID-19 is no longer considered a public health threat.
Student ID number needed to complete form
If you do not have your student’s ID number, there are three options to receive it:
- If you know your ParentVue password, you can log into ParentVue to get the ID number(s). This is only available for students who were enrolled in the 2019-2020 school year.
- If you just recently enrolled, you were sent your student(s) ID when enrollment was completed. Please note that you will need to wait overnight for the ID to be active for the survey.
- If you still need your student’s ID, please email email@example.com. Please include your student’s name, school and grade so that we may look up your student in our student information system.
Thank you for your partnership in completing the Intent to Enroll form by August 2 at 6 p.m. Your response will greatly assist the district in assigning students to educators and building schedules for middle and high school students. Stay informed with our developing fall plans, visit our Planning for Fall Frequently Asked Questions page.
Planning for Fall Online Forum: Join Ivan Duran, Superintendent, and other district leaders to hear developing plans for fall on Thursday, August 6 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. More details will be announced shortly.
Bellevue School District