Applications for Open Transfer (formerly Open Enrollment) and Choice Schools/Programs for the 2021-22 school year are available beginning Monday, December 7.
Families that live within the BSD boundaries and whose students are currently enrolled in a BSD school who plan to remain at their current school or Choice School/Program next year, do not need to resubmit an Open Transfer or Choice School/Program application. No further action is required unless the student is a nonresident (for continuing nonresident students, please review the Nonresident FAQ).
For the 2021-22 school year, BSD residents should submit the most appropriate application if any of these scenarios apply:
- I want to request enrollment for a new student (kindergarten – 12th grade) in a BSD school other than my attendance area school and/or apply for a Choice School or Program
- My student is currently enrolled in a BSD school and I want to request enrollment at a different school and/or apply for a Choice School or Program
- My student is currently attending a BSD school through Open Transfer or Attendance Area Transfer and is changing levels (elementary to middle school or middle school to high school) and I want to request enrollment in a school other than our assigned attendance area school and/or apply for a Choice School or Program.
The Open Transfer application is for students who would like to request a school other than their home attendance area school.
The Choice School entry application period is for incoming kindergarten and 6th grade students applying for initial entry September 2021:
- Incoming kindergarten students applying to Jing Mei, Puesta del Sol and the Spanish Dual Language Program; and
- Incoming 6th grade students applying to International School and Big Picture
Please review the additional information on our website about applying for Open Transfer and Choice Schools & Programs.