An email to all BSD families was sent yesterday, sharing that school will be closed on Friday, November 12, in addition to the previously-announced day off for Veterans Day on Thursday, November 11. Staffing shortages are currently affecting many school districts in our area and nationwide. Many districts are accessing the same substitute resources, causing further strain on teacher and support staff availability. Also, in the past, staff were able to combine classes and resources, but because of COVID-19, and physical distance requirements, we must ensure health and safety protocols are followed for everyone’s safety. This is just one example of how the pandemic impacts planning for our staff and students.
BSD athletics programming will run as currently scheduled. Regularly scheduled afterschool activities will be canceled. However, check with your student’s advisor if you have questions. Classes will resume again, and school will re-open Monday, November 15. The make-up day will be Friday, January 28.
We understand that families have to plan with as much advance notice as possible, and resources are an important factor. Right at School and the Boys and Girls Club of Bellevue will provide childcare for BSD locations on Friday, November 12. See below for more details.
- Right at School
- Parents will have the opportunity to register for care from today through Thursday, November 11 at 11:59 p.m. When using the Find Your Program tool, please be sure to click the “Days Off” tab after you select your school.
- Boys and Girls Club Bellevue (BGCB)
- Downtown location will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for all of the BGCB students that attend this location, as well as our Eastgate students. (Enatai, Medina, Clyde Hill, Chinook Middle School)
- Teen Center will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for BGCB students in middle school and high school in the Lake Hills area.
- Wilburton will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for all Wilburton BGCB students.
- Cherry Crest will be open for all students (even non BGCB students, $40 per day fee) from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., per principal request.
- Jing Mei will be open for all BGCB students in the portables from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We will house all BGCB Newport Heights Elementary at Jing Mei in the gym from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Phantom Lake BGCB students will be housed at our Spiritwood Manor location from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bennett BGCB students will be housed at our Hidden Village location from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Ardmore and Sherwood Forest elementary students will be housed at our Eastside Terrace location from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Find your club.
- The Family Resource Center at Highland Middle School will be open Friday, November 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.