Bellevue School District is pleased to announce that parents will be given access to view their student’s account in Naviance. Naviance is a web-based college and career research and planning tool for families (grades 6-12).
With support from their counselors, College and Career Advisors and teachers, students use Naviance to:
- Create a four-year plan,
- Explore careers,
- Identify personality and learning styles,
- Research colleges,
- Prepare for the SAT and ACT,
- Research scholarships, and
- Work on their resume
Creating Parent/Guardian Accounts
The rollout of parent accounts in Naviance will begin with parents and guardians of juniors (Class of 2023) in May of 2022. Parent accounts for other grade levels will be available in the fall of 2022. Parents will receive an Activation Code from PowerSchool, sent to your email contacts in Synergy. You can access login instructions and additional information on the BSD Technology webpage.
When you have your registration code, navigate to our school’s Naviance Student page using the following URL:
- Bellevue Big Picture School – https://student.naviance.com/bigpicsch
- Bellevue High School – https://student.naviance.com/bellevuehs
- Interlake High School – https://student.naviance.com/interlakehs
- International School – https://student.naviance.com/international
- Newport High School – https://student.naviance.com/newport
- Sammamish Senior High – https://student.naviance.com/sammamish
Viewing Options for Parents/Guardians
With their Naviance account, parents will have view-only access to their student’s account. The following menus and sections are available in Naviance Student based on your school’s setup. Below are the common menu options followed by overviews of each section’s home page and key features.
- Home: Get a quick glance at your student’s account, including a welcome message, important to-dos and tasks, your favorites, and new college visits and other events.
- Self-Discovery: View the assessments your student has (or can) take to help them learn more about themselves and their potential career interests.
- Courses: Students can use this section to manage their course plans, including required credits and other important criteria laid out by the school or district. Parents/guardians can view the course catalog. view/add to their student’s course plan, and approve course plans, if necessary.
- Careers: Explore careers and work-based learning opportunities, access our Roadtrip Nation videos to learn more about different career and professional pathways, and view a list of your students’ favorite careers, clusters, and pathways.
- Colleges: Search for and discover college possibilities. View your students’ favorites lists in relation to colleges they are thinking about and those that they are applying to.
- Planner: View your students’ goals, to-dos, and tasks. Tasks are assigned by the school.