The Bellevue School District is excited to announce that beginning with the class of 2023, qualifying BSD seniors will receive guaranteed admission to five Washington colleges and universities through the Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP). Guaranteed admission is not free admission. Participating colleges and universities are:
- Central Washington University
- Eastern Washington University
- The Evergreen State College
- Washington State University
- Western Washington University
About the Program
Washington’s public four-year college and universities, in partnership with our communities, are committed to meeting the college and career goals of Washington students. Focused on increasing access and credential completion in Washington, many of Washington’s public baccalaureate institutions offer guaranteed admissions programs for students who meet set criteria. Through data sharing partnerships with Washington school districts and schools, the participating institutions engage with:
- Students in the 11th grade to ready them for college and familiarize them with college admissions and,
- Students in the 12th grade determine eligibility for guaranteed admissions or if not eligible, to engage through the general admissions process.
Starting in December 2022, participating students in 11th grade will receive communications from participating colleges and universities with information about the admissions process.
Participating students in 12th grade will receive communication about their eligibility for guaranteed admissions or if not eligible, information to support them through the general admissions process.
How to Qualify
To qualify, students must:
- Meet GPA and College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADR)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- CADR are specific to Math, English, Science, Social Studies, World Languages and Fine Arts, and include number of credits and types of courses taken in each area. For specific information about CADR, please visit the BSD Course Catalog.
- Ensure that their contact information can be released to higher education institutions. The information that will be released for the GAP includes:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Email(s) on record (school, personal)
- Mailing Address
- Cumulative GPA
- Guaranteed Admissions Program at BSD
- Guaranteed Admissions Program (Washington State Council of Presidents)
- Washington Student Achievement Council (Financial Aid)
- 2022 BSD College Conference Recordings (Financial Aid)
- Washington Student Achievement Council (College Academic Distribution Requirements)