Community support for the 2020 Capital Bond Project made it possible to start a three-year plan to reshape, remodel and rebuild several Newport High School campus areas. The project continues, with several phases completed over the past few months.
Recent progress includes:
- Expanded west parking lot is complete.
- Rerouting of numerous underground utility lines was completed, enabling construction of the new gymnasium/athletic space to begin.
- Steel erection is underway for the gymnasium.
Ongoing site work of the project continues. Future phases of work include:
- New Career and Technical Education labs
- Additional music rooms
- Drama spaces
- Robotics lab
- Additional general education classrooms
- Food service area
- Expanded student commons area
Stay tuned for more updates on this project. Visit the BSD Bond page to learn more about projects at some of our other schools, all made possible by community support.