If your student is currently enrolled in a BSD school and you want them to remain at their current school or Choice School/Program next year, nothing further is required — unless you are a nonresident. For continuing nonresident students, please visit the Nonresident FAQ webpage.
Update 12/13/22: The Arabic Language Program and Puesta del Sol Spanish Immersion Program will accept nonresident entry level applications. The applicants will be placed on a nonresident waitlist for consideration after all resident students have been placed.
Nonresident students who wish to enroll in BSD schools may now also submit waitlist applications. Learn more on the Inter District Transfer webpage.
Open Transfer is for current Bellevue School District resident students who wish to apply for attendance at a school other than their assigned attendance area school. Applications will only be accepted from students currently living in BSD attendance boundaries or nonresident students who are children of eligible BSD employees.
For the 2023-24 school year, if you are a BSD resident or an eligible nonresident BSD employee and any of these statements apply, you will be required to submit an Open Transfer application:
- I want to request enrollment for a new student (kindergarten – 12th grade) in a BSD school other than my attendance area school.
- I am an eligible nonresident BSD employee and want to enroll my new student.
- My student is currently enrolled in a BSD school and I want to request enrollment at a different school.
- My student is currently attending a BSD school through Open Transfer or Attendance Area Transfer and is changing levels (elementary to middle school or middle school to high school) and I want to request enrollment in a school other than our assigned attendance area school.
Choice Schools and Programs
BSD’s choice schools and programs offer unique learning environments to any student in the district. Depending on the program, initial entry begins in kindergarten or sixth grade, and placement is through a lottery process. Choice schools and programs are available to students who reside within the boundaries of the Bellevue School District or are children of eligible BSD employees.
You may also submit a Choice Schools and Programs application for each grade level appropriate choice school and/or program you are interested in:
- Incoming kindergarten students may apply to Jing Mei, Puesta del Sol, the Arabic Language Program and the Spanish Dual Language Program.
- Incoming kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade students may apply to the Arabic Dual Language Program.
- Incoming 6th grade students may apply to Big Picture School and International School.
- Students in grades kindergarten through 12 may apply to Bellevue Digital Discovery.
Please review the Open Transfer, Choice Schools and Programs, frequently asked questions, and other relevant webpages through the links below. For additional questions, please contact email@example.com.