District Profile Schools
In the Bellevue School District, there are:
- 16 Elementary Schools
- 5 Middle Schools
- 4 High Schools
The district also offers:
- 1 Spanish Immersion Elementary School
- 1 Mandarin Dual Language Elementary
- 2 Choice Middle / High Schools
There are 20,272 students in the Bellevue School District.
The following demographics apply to these students:
- 41 percent Asian
- 34 percent White
- 3 percent African-American
- 9 percent Multi-Ethnic
- 13 percent Hispanic
- 15 percent English Language Learners
- 7 percent Special Education
- 18 percent Free or Reduced Lunch
- 38 percent Non-English First Language
- 124 Countries of Birth
- 98 Languages
College and Career Readiness
The Bellevue School District Class Of 2019 had 1,500 Graduates.
2018 SAT Scores: Bellevue School District students on average scored 620 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EWR) and 643 in Math. Washington State average scores are 538 and 533 respectively. United States average scores are 529 and 520 respectively.
College Credits: 506 Bellevue School District students earned 3,217 College Credits.
Advanced Placement (AP): Bellevue School District students took 8,272 AP tests. Bellevue School District students had a 78 percent pass rate. United States students had a 59 percent pass rate.
2018 through 2019 revenue equaled $354,679,592
Due to limits imposed by the state legislature, the amount of local funding we collected in 2018 through 2019 dropped by 6 percentage points, while state funding only grew by 5 percentage points.
- 53 percent State, General Purpose
- 16 percent Local Taxes
- 13 percent State, Special Purpose
- 9 percent Local Nontax Support
- 6 percent Other
- 3 percent Federal, General and Special Purpose
2018 through 2019 expenses equaled $351,953,129
In the 2018-2019 school year, BSD increased spending on teaching and student support by more than $37 million.
2018 through 2019 expenses:
- 67.2 percent Teaching and Student Support
- 9.7 percent District Curriculum and Teaching Support
- 5.9 percent Building Maintenance and Operations
- 4.8 percent Principal and School Office
- 3.7 percent School Health and Safety
- 2.9 percent Administration
- 2.6 percent School Bus and Metro Services
- 2.0 percent Nutritious Meals for Students
- 1.2 percent Extracurricular Activities & Sports
State Measures of Student Academic Performance
BSD Smarter Balanced Assessment Pass Rates Exceeded State Average.
Bellevue School District
- English Language Arts: 78 percent
- Math: 74 percent
- Science: 65 percent
- English Language Arts: 59 percent
- Math: 49 percent
- Science: 46 percent