Current 11th grade students, parents and guardians are encouraged to attend an event that will feature an overview of the college application process including what students can do to prepare in grades 9-11, tips for researching college, building a college list, using Naviance, application timelines, and tips for families.
Attendee Link On Teams:
Join this virtual event that will feature a keynote speaker and offer a variety of several sessions where students and families can learn about the admissions process, financial aid, college entrance exams, college essays, finding your fit, and exploring post-secondary opportunities through military options, sports recruiting, and Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs.
This year’s keynote speaker is Andrew Brewick, the Director of Admissions at Washington State University.
College Conference Panel Sessions
Students and families will have a choice of sessions to select from during the live virtual session. All sessions will be recorded, and recordings made available through the district website at the conclusion of the conference. These sessions will feature moderated discussions between presenters based on their professional and personal experience. The topics for sessions include:
- Financial Aid
- Public Universities in Washington
- Military Options
- Sports Recruiting
- Learning Differences
- Private Colleges
- Canadian Colleges
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
- Fine Arts Colleges
Families who would like to learn more about the impacts of enrollment on elementary schools can attend a virtual information session tonight, Tuesday, January 24, 2023. The session will begin at 7:15 p.m.
This virtual session is a part of the district’s series of community open houses January 23-27, 2023 at the seven schools with potential impacts as a result of declining enrollment (Ardmore, Eastgate, Enatai, Phantom Lake, Sherwood Forest, Wilburton, Woodridge). These engagement opportunities provide stakeholders an opportunity to share with staff the impact on their individual school communities.
Join the Teams Meeting
Get help with Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft has a video tutorial on attending a live event (English, Español, 简体中文)) and more on their website (English, Español, 简体中文)
- Translations are available using Microsoft Translator – change your language in Teams in the settings. Change settings in Teams (English, Español, 简体中文)
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7 and later (32-bit and 64-bit), macOS X 10.10 and later
- Supported mobile operating systems: Android 4.4 and later, iOS 10 and later
- Supported web browsers: Chrome (last 3 versions, Edge RS2 and later, Firefox (last 3 versions), Internet Explorer 11, Safari