Community Mental Health Forums return for the 2021 school year. For the third consecutive year, the Family Engagement office in partnership with BSD Counseling, Mental Health Assistance Teams and community mental-health partners will offer families an opportunity to support the well-being of their students. The first session for this year informs families about Signs of Suicide or SOS.
SOS is an evidence-based youth suicide prevention program that teaches students how to identify signs of depression and suicide in themselves and others. The goal of the program is to decrease suicide and suicide attempts by increasing knowledge and changing attitudes about depression, suicide, and mental health. In addition, SOS provides materials that support families and communities to recognize at-risk students and take appropriate action.
Small group discussion sessions are designed for families of students in grades 6-12 and provide an opportunity to ask detailed questions about depression, suicide, and mental health directly with district counselors. Please follow the links to register, submit questions, and attend sessions. Small group sessions will not be recorded. Pre-event registration is recommended.
- Session Registration Form (Please use the pull-down selection menu – located on the upper right corner of the form – to view the registration form in Spanish.)
- Join this meeting on Microsoft Teams on October 12 at 4 p.m.
- Watch the Signs of Suicide (SOS) presentation on YouTube
Other Signs of Suicide (SOS) Parent Discussion Sessions:
Get help with Microsoft Teams:
- Microsoft has a video tutorial on attending a live event (English, Español, 简体中文) and more on their website (English, Español, 简体中文)
- Translations are available using Microsoft Translator – change your language in Teams in the settings. Change settings in Teams (English, Español, 简体中文)
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7 and later (32-bit and 64-bit), macOS X 10.10 and later
- Supported mobile operating systems: Android 4.4 and later, iOS 10 and later
- Supported web browsers: Chrome (last 3 versions, Edge RS2 and later, Firefox (last 3 versions), Internet Explorer 11, Safari