Ardmore Elementary School
Title 1 Parent and Family Engagement Policy
To ensure the success of students at Ardmore Elementary, teachers, parents, and administration will actively contribute to the students’ well-being through close monitoring and communication in the following ways:
- Administrators, teachers, parents and students sign a home and school leadership Compact indicating their agreement to work together to ensure the success of all students.
- At the beginning of school, parents will be invited to bring their child to school to do a Meet and Greet with the new classroom teacher and learn expectations for the year.
- Teachers communicate with parents through weekly/monthly newsletters about curriculum and events in the classroom.
- The principal will post a school newsletter with general school information every week on the school website where it can be translated into many languages.
- Parents and families will meet teachers for a scheduled conference in the fall to share progress to date and information about interventions.
- Parents can contact the teacher to arrange an ad hoc conference to talk about their child at any time.
- Phone conferences will be held when it is more convenient for families.
- The Language Line can be used to assist with Interpretation when needed.
- Talking Points can be used by teachers to facilitate interpretation and translation of information.
- Report cards will be sent home at the end of each semester (January and June).
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer in their child’s classroom and in the school. They can join the Ardmore PTSA or arrange a time to come in with their child’s teacher.
- An evening Curriculum Night will be held in the Fall to inform parents of the progress of students as a school and to share Title 1 policies.
- Coffee with the Principal will be held once a month to talk with parents and to provide parent workshops to support parent needs.
- The Ardmore PTSA will host events for families to participate in.
- A Science Fair will be held in Spring. Students will be encouraged to do a science experiment and bring it to school to share.
- Parents will be invited to join teams in the school and they are welcome to attend any teacher team meetings to participate.
- Family members are encouraged to volunteer and attend school events: Help in Classrooms, Book Fair, Field Day, Music performances, assemblies, and other concerts.
- Parents can arrange meetings with administrators at any time by calling the school and arranging a meeting time.
- Kindergarten teachers will have individual conferences with Kindergarten families before the first days of school for WA Kids.