Dear Bennett Families,
Well, we are just about 10 days out from the start of school for what will be our second year in our “finished” building. We can look forward to a fast, but comfortable start with a lot of the bugs worked out. Teachers have been prepping and planning for this day and are excited to have their kids back and look forward to a great year of learning and growing. We hope you have been able to refresh and recharge, and that the kids are ready to go.
Following are important updates, information and events:
- As in past years your teacher will email your students’ teacher and classroom placement information to you by no later than end of day, Monday, August 27th. If you are curious about the process for student placement see the attached handbook.
- Transportation has sent letters to all students/families with bus route and bus stop. If you don’t receive this information by August 24th you can reach transportation by phone at (425) 456-4512 or at the website http://www.bsd405.org/departments/transportation/
- Please join us for the annual Bulldog Meet and Greet on Tuesday, August 28th from 4:00-5:30. We’d like to invite all students and families to this casual event where you can meet your teacher in their classroom say a quick hello, drop off school supplies, and informally tour the campus. PTSA will be on hand in the multipurpose room to greet parents and share all of the wonderful opportunities and resources they provide for our students and staff.
- On the first day of school, Thursday, August 30th students will line up in the area shown on the attached map. Teachers will come to those areas to take students to class. Students may arrive no earlier than 8:45. There will be volunteers available to help you find your classroom. Please do not enter the classroom as teachers and students will be busy getting ready for their first day. Feel free to head on over to the multipurpose room to be welcomed by our PTSA and see all of the great programs they provide.
- As usual transportation, student arrival and dismissal times are always a challenge and peculiar to the building. Please take a moment to review the attached plan and follow the procedures when on campus. It is essential that we follow the traffic patterns and only arrive through the entrance and exit using the designated route. Similar information can be found in the community handbook and on the Bennett school website.
- In order to help you prepare for a successful start, attached is our Parent/Student Handbook that provides practical information regarding dates, times, and things you will want to know. Taking time to review them should answer many of your questions about the start of school. In the first week, additional information will be sent home with your child to help establish the new school year and help you plan for upcoming events in the life of our school. As always, if you would like more information, you can visit the school website at http://www.bsd405.org/Bennett/ or another great reference is found at the Bennett PTSA website at http://bennett.my-ptsa.org/. You will find basic school information, phone numbers, schedules and district policies to read about! These sites will be updated shortly with new information.
- Additionally Official Notices that families should be aware of are available on the district Website at https://bsd405.org/about/resources/notices/. These include 2018-19 Official Notices, Weapons Policy and Truancy Notice, and Student Video/Photo Form preventing the use of photographs and/or videotapes of students.
Should you have any questions that have not been answered in this letter, please don’t hesitate to contact the main office by phone should you have any questions at 425-456-4800.
We are all looking forward to our students returning soon!
Have a great last few days of summer, best, your principal,
BENNETT ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL | BELLEVUE SCHOOL DISTRICT