With the school year quickly approaching, it is important for our Bennett community to begin thinking about transportation considerations for school arrival and dismissal. Drop off and pick up times will increasingly get smoother as students, staff, and parents fall into routines and become comfortable with the new building.
As always, safety is our highest priority during these times of transition. Each morning while staff members direct traffic, we ask that guardians model patience and promote safety as they remain attentive and do not have cell phones out during arrival and dismissal.
All parents, guardians, and visitors seeking access to the building will enter through the main entrance in the front of the building, checking in at the main office. Early Learning Program parents will enter through the ELP entrance. Both of these entrance areas are designated in green on the map below.
Arrival / Dismissal Overview
Arrival Traffic Pattern
- School staff will direct a line of cars to drive up to Station 2, where there will be a cone.
- Students in cars between Station 1 and Station 2 will exit their car and cross in front of their guardian’s car if necessary.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Students will be directed by staff into the building where they will line up outside their classroom or to their grade level’s supervised line at Station A or line B.
- Station A – Grades 2 and 3
- Station B – Grades K, 1, 4, and 5
Afternoon dismissal will follow the same traffic pattern, though students who are car riders will exit through the main entrance of the building. Students who are walking will be picked up at the exit nearest station A while bus riders will exit near station B.