BHS Families of students in AP Courses:
Be sure to follow-up with your students on exam registration. The due date for registration is Friday October 30th.
If registration is made after this date the exam cost will increase by $40. This is a fee imposed by the college board.
Exam registration is done at: myap.collegeboard.org
Payment for the exams is not due until March 1st. Payments are made on the BSD point of sale system, https://wa-bellevue.intouchreceipting.com/
For your convenience, here is the information we published earlier in October.
Dear BHS families of students in Advanced Placement Courses:
The College Board will be supporting “in person” Advanced Placement testing at schools this May. They are also planning to have a “contingency” testing option if schools face closures due to safety concerns. To assist students and families College Board is waiving exam cancellation fees and unused exam fees. As a result of this, we can offer a later exam payment due date to BSD families; March 1, 2021 instead of October 30, 2020. Note – this will only apply to students who have registered prior to our fall deadline, October 30, 2020.
Please read the additional information regarding the registration, payment and testing dates for the Advanced Placement Exams for 2020-2021.
Fall 2020 – AP Registration
- All students (both Hybrid and Virtual) will register for AP exams in their AP classes similar to last year, by signing into myap.collegeboard.org
- Students will use the class “join codes” to register for their exams, teachers have provided this to the students
- Some students may need to create a College Board account.
- In-class Registration (joining process) is to be completed no later than October 30, 2020. If this is not done by October 30th students will incur a College Board imposed late registration exam fee of $40 per exam.
- Virtual students enrolled in AP course outside of the student’s home school will join/register in the virtual teachers class, after the joining/registration process is complete, Lynn Semler will assist virtual students to allow for testing at their home school should we have “in person exam testing” this year. Payment for the exam will be made at the student’s HOME school
- AP exams are $95 per exam
- Payment Deadline: March 1, 2021, payment method is the same this year as last year, https://wa-bellevue.intouchreceipting.com/
- Exam Dates are May 3-14, 2021
- BSD Scholarship deadline: February 12, 2021
- Any student who qualifies for Free & Reduced Lunch, are to apply as early as possible for the 2020-2021 school year. If a student qualifies for free or reduced price meals, they may be eligible for decreased fees to participate in other school programs (such as AP exams). Complete Part 5 of the application (Sharing Information) to give permission to Nutrition Services to share school meal eligibility information with other school programs. https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
- Students that register and pay during Bellevue High School’s registration period will pay $95 per exam (Free & Reduced students or scholarship students fees will be adjusted)
- Cancellation Fees – This year the College Board will waive all cancellation fees. This means it is to the student’s advantage to 1. register/join for all courses by October 30th and 2. pay for the exam by March 1st. Full refunds will be provided if the students decides against taking the exam for any reason.
- Late Registration Fees imposed by College Board: Students who register/join sections for any AP exam after October 30, 2020 will pay a $40 per exam late registration fee , imposed by the College Board.
- Self-Study Exam Takers– students who are not enrolled in an AP course have the opportunity of taking an exam. If your student is interested in doing this, please contact Lynn Semler, BHS AP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org It is important to coordinate this prior to October 30th to avoid late registration fees.
Should you have any questions or need additional information please email, Lynn Semler, BHS AP Coordinator at email@example.com