Mandatory New Student Information Session
Thursday, February 9th at 4:00 PM on Microsoft Teams: Did you miss the meeting? Want to watch it again? Recording available here: https://youtu.be/K0O59ipBOIc
PowerPoint presentation available for review here: Running Start Info – BHS updated Feb 9 2023.pptx
Information and Required Paperwork: Running Start Packet 2023-2024
Running Start is a program that allows 11th and 12th grade students to take college courses at Washington’s 34 community and technical colleges. The added bonus is the cost savings, as students receive both high school and college credit for these classes, thus accelerating their progress through the education system.
Running Start students have the opportunity to finish their high school diploma while earning college credit. When the decision is made to become a Running Start student, the student assumes the personal responsibility of making sure they are knowledgeable about state required tests and events at Bellevue High School and Bellevue College class registration dates.
Important: Full-time Running Start students must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 college credits each quarter.
Some key points to remember:
- You are responsible for setting up a meeting with your BHS counselor at least 5 days prior to each enrollment period to have your Enrollment Verification Form signed (email Mrs. Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment).
- If you are taking classes at both BHS and BC, it is your responsibility to coordinate your BC schedule so that you do not miss BHS classes. Arriving late or leaving early from a BHS class is not an option.
- The Bellevue School District covers the tuition for BC classes up to the state limit of 15 college credits per quarter. Students are responsible for other costs including:
- Tuition for each credit beyond that authorized on the Enrollment Verification Form.
- Tuition for any below college-level class (classes numbered under 100 – for example: Math 075-099).
- Textbooks and class fees.
- Parking and transportation.
- Fee Waivers available for students that qualify (contact Running Start office at BC for more information).