Good Afternoon BP Families,
Happy Summer! I hope everyone is enjoying the break. Below are the key dates for August. I’ll send a letter in early August with more specific information for the upcoming 23-24 school year.
The BP Main Office will be closed until August 13th.
The BP Main office will open beginning August 14th– 8:00-3:00, closed 11:30-12:30 for Lunch
- Please feel free to stop by if you have any questions regarding the new school year! Beth Orr, office manager, will be on site to assist you. She can answer questions, make appointments with Bethany or Matt, and/or direct your questions to other school or district staff as needed.
- If you need assistance with enrollment/registration, please notify Carol Anne Yamamoto, BP registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a question pertaining to high school course registration, graduation requirements, 504 plans for HS students, or any other high school counseling needs, please email high school counselor, Amy Stephens email@example.com
- If you have a question pertaining to middle school course registration, 504 plans for MS students, or any other middle school counseling needs, please email middle school counselor, Jamie Ginter firstname.lastname@example.org
6th grade Student Orientation and New 7th and 8th grade Student Orientation- August 22, 9:30-12:00
All entering 6th grade students and those who will be new students in our 7th and 8th grade classes are invited to join us for a few hours of activities to welcome you to our school community. Students will meet some of their advisors, engage in team-building activities, get an overview of the school and campus and receive a copy of their schedule. This is a time for students and staff to connect so parents/guardians are encouraged to drop-off their children and return in a few hours for pick-up.
New to BP HS Student Orientation- August 22, 10:30-12:00
This is for all high school students who will be new to Big Picture this year. This is not for BP students who moved up to high school from our BP 8th grade class. New HS students are invited to join us for activities to welcome you to our school community. Students will meet some of their advisors, engage in team-building activities, get an overview of the school and campus and receive a copy of their schedule.
New BP Family Welcome- August 22, 11:30-12:00
All new families are invited to come connect with BP principals, PTSA leaders, and each other before picking up your child from orientation. We’ll share some info about the start of the school year and lead a Q and A. This information will also be emailed to all parents for those unable to attend.
Taking Care of Business Day- August 23, 8:00-2:00
In order to maximize efficiency and minimize crowds, families and students are invited to arrive at the following times:
- 8:00-9:00 – 6th grade
- 9:00-10:00 – 7th grade
- 10:00-11:00 – 8th and 9th grade
- 12:00-2:00 – 10th 11th and 12th grade
The following services will be provided at Taking Care of Business Day:
- Pick up a copy of your class schedule or learn how to find it online in StudentVue
- Get your yearbook/ID card photo taken
- Get an Orca card if who want to use Metro transportation for school
- Laptop distribution for students in 9th Grade
- Drop off/Pick up forms that need to be completed for the school year
- Meet our PTSA staff and become a member of PTSA
- Meet our Club Jubilee Site coach and learn about afterschool sports available for middle school students through Jubilee.
- Learn how to set up Nutrition Services accounts for lunch
- Computers will be available to apply for BSD Free/Reduce Lunch Application (must be completed every school year). Click here to see more info on the Free/Reduced lunch application
- Computers will be available to pay fees for the year, including ASB, yearbook, etc.
- Computers will be available to access Final Forms and update your permission forms before the school year begins. Click here to see more info on Final Forms at the middle school level
- Drop off medication your student will need during the school year (form must be included with medication and signed by doctor) Medication Form
- BP Registrar will be available to answer any registration questions
- Beginning August 21, Click here to visit the Transportation website for further information on routes available for Big Picture School.
- Link to other school Documents and Forms
We recognize that some students and families will not be able to join us for Taking Care of Business Day. Students who are unable to attend should access their class schedule in StudentVue prior to the first day of school. There will be a school photo makeup day in the fall during the school day. Laptops will be distributed in the first days of school for 9th graders unable to attend Back to Business Day. Orca cards can be requested in the main office throughout the year, fees can be paid online and forms can be returned to the main office once school begins.
First Day of School- September 5
Next Year School Calendar – See the 2023-2024 Bellevue School District Family Calendar here: 2023-2024 Family Calendar – Bellevue School District (bsd405.org)