AP (Advanced Placement)
COLLEGE BOARD GUIDELINES FOR MAY 2023 TESTING
Important AP Exam Deadlines at Big Picture School:
- The cost of each test is $97.00.
- Tests not paid for by November 15, 2022 will not be ordered. Tests paid after November 15, 2022 will be charged an additional $40. This is the late fee charged by College Board.
STUDENT COLLEGE BOARD ACCOUNT:
- Each student needs a College Board Account.
- Many students already have an account.
- The same College Board account login is used for PSAT, SAT and AP. If a student ever created an account for one of these, the student should use the same login for all College Board activity.
- Students should not create a second account. If a student creates a second account, it could prevent the student’s SAT or AP scores from going to the correct college.
- Go to collegeboard.org to create a new account or verify an existing account.
- When creating a student account, please be sure the student’s name is on the account. The student does not want a parent’s name on the account when submitting scores to colleges.
- If there are problems verifying an existing student account, please contact College Board. High Schools aren’t linked to these accounts. The College Board will not talk to a school representative on the student’s behalf.
- The student should save his/her College Board username and password in a safe place. The student will log-in multiples times in high school and needs to remember the username and password.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 22-23 AP TESTING
- September – October 10, 2022 Student communicates intent to take or not take an AP exam on AP platform. Their AP teacher will give them the exam JOIN CODE.
- October 14, 2022 Scholarship Form is due for students who do not qualify for Fee Waiver Program. This form is available in the Counseling Office.
- October 18, 2022 Fees are loaded onto the POS system.
- November 1, 2022 Payment deadline for May 2023 AP Testing.
- November 15, 2022 Any tests ordered after this date will incur an additional $40.00 fee. Any Tests cancelled after this date will not be refunded.
- January 18, 2023 Last day to request accommodations through College Board. Please see Amy Stevens (email@example.com – high school counselor) to verify/request accommodations.
- March 15, 2023 Final Day to Order tests – includes $40.00 late fee.
Scholarship Form: Available in Counseling Office for students needing financial assistance but who don’t quality for a fee waiver via free/reduced lunch application. $65 for first exam, $35 for each subsequent exam.
Fee Waiver Form: Fee Waiver Form
- Students must apply for the Fee Waiver Program to avoid payment for AP Testing. The $97 exam fee is waived, but the $40 late fee, (if applicable is not)
IN-PERSON: All tests will be in-person.
- All SSD students who have already been approved by College Board to receive accommodations should register on BSD SSD site, as well as his/her home school site by Nov 1, 2022. See Beth Zimmerman (AP Testing Coordinator) in the counseling office for the SSD join code.
- New students seeking accommodations should apply as early as possible – January 18, 2022, is the final day to request accommodations for the May 2023 testing.
- The AP Program offers college-level courses and exams that you can take in high school.
- For all AP Program details, go to AP Central.
- For a list of AP Course offerings at BPS and BSD, go to the BSD Course Catalog.
- Students can self study for an exam for a course not offered at Big Picture. See Beth Zimmerman in the Counseling Office for details or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Exam Dates:
- The 2023 AP Exams will be administered May 1-5 and May 8-12.
- For a complete exam schedule, go to AP Exam Dates.
- To access and send your exam score(s), go to AP Scores.
- Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations on AP exams.
- Go to College Board SSD for details or contact the BP Counseling Center.
- Requests and all documentation, including College Board’s Parent Consent Form, for BP students must be submitted to the School Counselor prior to the SSD deadline.
- Once approved for accommodations, with limited exceptions, students remain approved until one year after graduation and do not need to submit another request.
- If you have any questions regarding AP, contact the Testing Coordinator, Beth Zimmerman (email@example.com)