AP (Advanced Placement)
COLLEGE BOARD GUIDELINES FOR MAY 2022 TESTING
Important AP Exam Deadlines at Big Picture School:
- The College Board (CB) will reinstate the $40.00 unused test fee for 2022 AP Testing. Any test that is ordered and not cancelled before November 15, 2021 will incur a $40.00 Unused Test Fee.
- The cost of each test is $96.00. The cost of the AP Capstone Test is $144.00.
STUDENT COLLEGE BOARD ACCOUNT:
- Each student needs a College Board Account.
- Many students already have an account.
- The same College Board account log-in is used for PSAT, SAT and AP. If a student ever created an account for one of these, the student should use the same log-in for all College Board activity.
- Students should not create a 2nd If a student creates a second account, it could prevent the student’s SAT or AP scores from going to the correct college.
- Please go to collegeboard.org to create a new account or verify an existing account.
- When creating a student account please be sure the student’s name is on the account. The student does not want a parent’s name on the account when applying to college.
- If there are problems verifying an existing student account, please contact College Board. High Schools aren’t linked to these accounts. The College Board will not talk to a school representative on the student’s behalf.
- The student should save his/her College Board username and log-n a safe place. The student will login multiples times in high school and needs to remember the username and login.
INPORTANT DATES FOR 21-22 AP TESTING
- October 11, 2021 Student communicates intent to take or not take AP Test on AP Platform.
- October 15, 2021 Scholarship Form due for students who do not qualify for Fee Waiver Program.
- October 18, 2021 Fees will be loaded onto the POS system.
- November 1, 2021 Payment deadline for May 2022 AP Testing.
- November 15, 2021 Any tests ordered after this date will incur an additional $40.00 fee.
- Any Tests cancelled after this date will incur a $40.00 unused test fee.
- January 18, 2022 Last day to request accommodations through SSD online.
- March 15, 2022 Final Day to Order tests – includes $40.00 late fee.
Scholarship Form: Available in Counseling Center at each High School.
Fee Waiver Form: Fee Waiver Form
- Students must apply for the Fee Waiver Program to avoid payment for AP Testing.
IN-PERSON: All tests will be in-person.
- All SSD students who have already been approved by the CB to receive accommodations should register on BSD SSD site, as well as his/her home school site by Nov 1, 2021. The school coordinator will provide the student with the SSD join code.
- New students seeking accommodations should apply as early as possible – January 18, 2022, is the final day to request accommodations for the May 2022 testing.
- The AP Program offers college-level courses and exams that you can take in high school.
- For all AP Program details, go to AP Central.
- For a list of AP Course offerings at BPS and BSD, go to the BSD Course Catalog.
- Students can request applicable AP Course(s) in the spring during regular Course Registration for the following school year.
AP Exam Dates:
- The 2022 AP Exams will be administered May 2-6 and May 9-12.
- For a complete exam schedule, go to AP Exam Dates.
- To access and send your exam score(s), go to AP Scores.
- Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations on AP exams.
- Go to College Board SSD for details or contact the BP Counseling Center.
- Requests and all documentation, including College Board’s Parent Consent Form, for BP students must be submitted to the School Counselor prior to the SSD deadline.
- Once approved for accommodations, with limited exceptions, students remain approved until one year after graduation and do not need to submit another request.
- Please contact the BP AP Coordinator.