Students who would like to request district permission to take a class at another institution (private school or online school), must submit an Outside Learning Form. It will be reviewed and decided upon by the principal, district curriculum developer and assistant superintendent. Families should NOT register for an outside course until they receive approval from the district in the mail. This process can take up to eight (8) weeks for approval. Here are the steps:
- Go to the OSPI’s website to find approved online courses and providers.
- Print the Student Request for Approval form.
a. Fill out both pages of the form.
b. Turn in the form to your counselor in the Counseling Office.
- Wait for an email from BSD with the decision.
- If the request is approved, register for and complete the outside learning course.
- Once complete, request an official outside course transcript be sent to the BPS registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).