Watch Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th Grade Information Sessions on YouTube.
College Bound Scholarship Program
The College Bound Scholarship Program is an early commitment of state financial aid to eligible 7th and 8th grade students.
The College Bound Scholarship amount will vary for each individual student depending on the school they attend and other state financial aid they receive. The College Bound Scholarship will combine with other state financial aid to cover tuition, some fees and a small book allowance.
There are 66 college and universities where you can use the College Bound Scholarship!
Students should apply if they are in 7th or 8th grade and meet one of the following requirements:
- Their family meets the income requirements. (See the income chart on the application.)
- They are in foster care or a dependent of the state.
- Their family receives basic food/TANF benefits.
Applying is a two-step process:
- Apply in 7th or 8th grade, by June 30th of 8th grade year (foster youth are auto-enrolled). Meet income requirements; verified on the application.
- Fulfill the College Bound Pledge. Meet in come requirements; verified by the college using information from FAFSA and WASFA. Be accepted to and attend an eligible college within one year of graduating high school.
What is Covered:
- Average cost of tuition (public rates)
- Some college fees
- Small book allowance
What is NOT Covered:
- Meal plan
- Health care / insurance
- Non-mandatory fees
How to sign up:
- Students and families can apply here: www.collegebound.wa.gov.
For Frequently Asked Questions:
- Go to the College Bound Scholarship Program FAQ.