Watch Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th Grade Information Sessions on YouTube.
Students who would like to request district permission to take a class at another institution (private school or online school), must submit an Outside Learning Form. It will be reviewed and decided upon by the principal, district curriculum developer and assistant superintendent. Families should NOT register for an outside course until they receive approval from the district in the mail. This process can take up to eight (8) weeks for approval. Here are the steps:
- Print the Student Request for Approval form.
- Complete both pages of the form.
- Note: Please be sure to refer to OSPI’s Approved Online Course Provider.
- Wait for the BSD decision and returned Student Request for Approval form to be mailed to your house via USPS.
- If approved, register for and complete the outside learning course.
- Upon completion, request an official outside course transcript be sent to the BPS registrar (email@example.com) by the start of the school year.