Cherry Crest Families,
Friday September 29th marks our annual WalkAThon and FUNdraising Festival at Cherry Crest Elementary. This is a great event for kids and families, one that brings our Comm(Unity) together. As you are making plans to join us on Friday, please review the parking related information below.
Carpooling and Shuttle Information
Westminster Chapel is allowing us to use their parking lot during the WalkAThon and Festival to help alleviate the impact of our traffic on the Cherry Crest neighborhood and to give families a simple solution to finding parking. There are two options we’ve organized using Westminster parking space.
Westminster Chapel, 13646 NE 24th St, Bellevue, WA 98005
- Shuttle: A BSD school bus will provide transportation, free of charge, to and from school about every 30 minutes. The first shuttle will leave Westminster Chapel at 2pm, then continue to make loops between Cherry Crest and Westminster. The last shuttle will leave Cherry Crest at 6pm. The first shuttle will drop off at the stop sign at the front entrance to the school (due to regular school dismissal traffic). All following shuttles will drop off in the bus loading zone.
- Carpooling: If you need to bring your car up closer to the school, please consider meeting some friends at Westminster and carpooling up to the school together. They can always use the shuttle to get back to their car if they need to leave at another time.
- Parking at Westminster: Please see hyperlinked map for where to park. The church asked us not to park in the yellow area. Signs will be posted in the parking lot to identify where the shuttle pickup/dropoff is located.
Neighborhood Parking Reminders: Please allow time for parking in and around the neighborhood and expect to walk. When parking near school, abide by street signs, do not park on the sidewalks and be mindful of blocking any of our neighbor’s driveways.
- Ensure your child wears their WalkAThon T-shirt on Friday and appropriate footwear as we will walk rain or shine.
- In order to walk, each student must have a completed permission form. If you haven’t already done so, please visit the Walkathon website and get your student signed up right away.
- It is you, our dedicated parents, that really help make Walkathon a success in raising funds and providing for a fun event. If you can contribute by lending a hand, even for a short time, we’d really welcome it. Please sign up for a volunteer slot on the Walkathon website.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday.