My staff and I are so excited for school to start and look forward to welcoming each and every student and family to Cherry Crest Elementary! Below is some helpful information to ensure a great start to school.
Dusty Steere, Principal Cherry Crest Elementary
- Getting to and from School.
- Students can bring their own lunch or buy at school (even on the first day)
- If your child is buying lunch, money can be added to their lunch account with cash/check in the main office or pay online through BSD Nutrition Services.
- Read our Arrival and Dismissal Procedures so you and your child know what to do when they get to school.
- School Supplies.
- If you didn’t drop supplies off at the Teacher Meet and Greet, have your child bring their supplies in a bag or box labeled with their name and teacher.
- School Supplies List
- PTSA Welcome and Coffee in the lobby
- Following morning dropoff on August 30 and September 4 (K families), come enjoy a cup of coffee, a pastry and the opportunity to make new friends or catch up with old ones.
- Kindergarten Conferences
- The first day of class for Kindergarten is on Tuesday, September 4th with Family Connection Conferences taking place on Thursday and Friday (Aug 30 & 31).
- Please sign in at the front office prior to attending your conference.
Please remember to regularly visit the Cherry Crest & PTSA websites for the most current information.
August 30 First Day of School for grades 1 – 5 + PTSA welcome & coffee
September 3 Labor Day – No School
September 4 First day of classes for Kindergarten + PTSA welcome & coffee
September 11 Cherry Crest Curriculum Night
September 15 BSD Back to School Fair @ Bellevue High School
September 17 School Picture Day
September 28 Walkathon
Stay informed. The PTSA’s e-newsletter, Charger Chatter is a good source to lookout for current information. The Charger Chatter comes out weekly and contains important information about both school and PTSA events. If you are not receiving the Charger Chatter and would like to, you can sign up here.
2018-19 Official Notices for District Families. Find linked below the 2018-19 BSD Official Notices including our Weapons Policy, Truancy Notice and Student Video/Photo Form preventing the use of photographs and/or videotapes of students. Per district policy these notices and documents must be shared with all district families. Hard copies of these policies and forms are also available in the Cherry Crest main office.
BSD Back to School Fair. Join us for the districtwide community fair, sponsored by the Bellevue School District in partnership with Bellevue PTSA Council and Bellevue Schools Foundation. The fair will have over 60 organizations representing our community partners and the Bellevue School District.
WHEN: September 15, 2018 @ 10:00am – 4:00pm
WHERE: Bellevue High School
10416 SE Wolverine Way
Bellevue, WA 98004
Bellevue Schools Foundation enhances learning for Cherry Crest Students. Computer Science. STEM. Social Emotional Learning. Arts, Enrichment & Innovation Grants. Music support. These programs and many more make our District stand apart as a model of excellence in public education. Part of the support for programs that distinguish our school every day is because parents like you join forces to make a collective impact through Bellevue Schools Foundation. Together, parent leaders and community members enable the Foundation to make targeted investments that bring innovative programs, equipment, and experiences to students at our school, and to the entire district.
When it comes to ensuring that your child—and every Bellevue School District student— enjoy leading edge, engaging and effective educational programming, contributing to Bellevue Schools Foundation is an easy choice. I hope you’ll consider donating both to the Foundation and to our school’s PTSA this fall. Your contribution translates directly to programming that elevates and enriches education districtwide. Whether you can give $5 or $500, your investment makes a difference for your child, every day.
You can learn more about how your student benefits from parent-supported Foundation programs at bellevueschoolsfoundation.org.