Cherry Crest Families,
This post serves to inform families about eligibility for and use of bus transportation to/from Cherry Crest in fall of 2021.
Cherry Crest students eligible for free bus transportation service include:
- Students who reside within the Cherry Crest neighborhood attendance area but outside our school’s “no transportation zone”. The no transportation zone for elementary school can be seen visually in pink on the graphic a the bottom of this post.
- Students in the Advanced Learning program that live in the attendance area feeder schools (Ardmore, Bennett, Sherwood Forest, Stevenson).
- Cherry Bus Route Information for eligible students can be found here: Bus Stop Locator
Due to COVID-19 and bus load restrictions, students enrolled at Cherry Crest through Open Transfer (formerly called Open Enrollment) are not initially eligible for free bus transportation.
- During the first two weeks of the school year, the transportation department will assess bus loads for eligible students and determine excess capacity where it exists.
- Open Transfer families are responsible for providing transportation during this time.
- Beginning September 15th, Open Transfer families can request access for their child to ride the bus by contacting email@example.com. In your communication, please provide your child’s name, student id number along with the bus route and stop location you are requesting.
Student Scan Cards. In 2021/22 BSD is continuing the use of Student Scan Cards to allow families and the school district to track student ridership in addition to realtime student and bus location. Beginning Tuesday 9/7, all students riding the bus will be required to scan in and scan off the bus with a Scan Card. Eligible students will receive their scan cards from the school teacher on or before Friday 9/3. The BSD transportation department determines eligible students for bus transportation based upon student address and enrollment type.
Additional information about BSD transportation can be found on our school district website here: https://bsd405.org/departments/transportation/
Cherry Crest No Transportation Zone. This is the area within 1 walking mile of the school where bus transportation is not provided.