My staff and I are so excited for school to start and look forward to welcoming each and every student and family to Cherry Crest Elementary! Find below loads of helpful information to ensure a great start to school.
Dusty Steere, Principal Cherry Crest Elementary
- Getting to and from School.
- Arrival & Dismissal.
- Review Cherry Crest Arrival and Dismissal Procedures so you and your child know what to do whey they get to school.
- School Supplies
- The 2022-2023 school supplies list for each grade is available on our website.
- First Day Parent Meet & Greet + PTSA Welcome
- Following morning drop-off on the first day of school, parents are invited to the school café to make new friends and catch up with old ones. Principal Steere will be present along with leaders from the PTSA. Coffee and refreshments generously provided by the Cherry Crest PTSA
- When: 8:05 am September 1 for Grades 1 – 5; 8:05 am September 7 for Kindergarten
- Where: Cherry Crest Cafeteria – Walk around the north side of the school (toward the field) and enter through the exterior café doors.
- Kindergarten WaKids Conferences
- The first day of class for Kindergarten is on Wednesday, September 7th with WaKids Family Connection Conferences taking place on September 1st, 2nd and 6th.
- Please ensure that you have signed up for a WaKids conference via the SignUp Genius link shared in the class placement email shared on Friday 8/26.
- If you have questions about Kindergarten please reach out to assistant principal Erin Stedman
Please remember to regularly visit the Cherry Crest & PTSA websites for the most current information.
August 30 Teacher Meet & Greet @ 3 pm
September 1 First Day of School for grades 1 – 5
September 5 Labor Day – No School
September 7 1st day of school for kindergarten
September 9 Virtual Principal Chat 8:30 – 9:15 am Join Via Teams
September 19 K – 2 Curriculum Night @ 6 pm (details forthcoming)
September 21 3 – 5 Curriculum Night @ 6 pm
September 29 School Picture Day
September 29 PTSA General Meeting @ 7:00 pm (virtual meeting – link in Charger Chatter)
Teacher Meet & Greet & Social August 30th. Stop by Cherry Crest on Tuesday afternoon August 30th for a chance to meet your new teacher, tour the school, drop off school supplies and connect with Cherry Crest students and families.
The teacher meet and greet will take place in classrooms between 3 and 3:45 pm. After meeting your teacher, students and parents are invited to the undercover area to enjoy a treat and connect with other families.
Onsite parking is limited, so plan to park in the neighborhood and walk onto campus. Volunteers will provide school maps, name tags and directions to the appropriate grade level entrance (K/1 = main entrance, 2nd grade = south doors, 3rd – 5th = east doors by undercover area).
Parent Volunteer Opportunity. We need some additional help supporting morning drop-off procedures until our student patrollers are trained and ready to take over. If you are interested and available to help on one or more mornings in the next few weeks, please use the link below. Thank you in advance for your time and for ensuring a wonderful, safe start to our schoolyear.
Stay informed. The PTSA’s e-newsletter, Charger Chatter is a good source to lookout for current information. The Charger Chatter comes out weekly and contains important information about both school and PTSA events. If you are not receiving the Charger Chatter and would like to, you can sign up here. (Subscribe on right hand side of page).
First Day of School Photos. “Hey, parents and students! Share your #BSDSchoolSpirit on your #BSDFirstDay of school with us! Take a photo wearing your school spirit wear or colors and share the photo with us. Tag us on social media or email the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we may post them on our website and social media.”
We Can Help! Vanessa Sanchez the Family Services Specialist at Cherry Crest. She can help connect families to services like school supplies, counseling, transportation, childcare referrals, after school programs, tutoring services and so much more. Contact Vanessa by email (email@example.com) or phone 425-456-6688. For more information view our Family Connections Flyer.
2022-23 Official Notices for District Families. Find linked below the 2022-23 BSD Official Notices including our Weapons Policy, Truancy Notice and Student Video/Photo Form preventing the use of photographs and/or videotapes of students. Per district policy these notices and documents must be shared with all district families. Hard copies of these policies and forms are also available in the Cherry Crest main office.