Cherry Crest Families,
This post serves to inform families about eligibility for and use of bus transportation to/from Cherry Crest in fall of 2022.
Cherry Crest students eligible for free bus transportation service include:
- Students who reside within the Cherry Crest neighborhood attendance area but outside our school’s “no transportation zone”. The no transportation zone for elementary school can be seen visually in pink on the graphic a the bottom of this post.
- Students in the Advanced Learning program that live in the attendance area feeder schools (Ardmore, Bennett, Sherwood Forest, Stevenson).
- Cherry Bus Route Information for eligible students can be found here: Bus Stop Locator
Cherry Crest students enrolled through Open Transfer are not initially eligible for free bus transportation.
- During the first two weeks of the school year, the transportation department will assess bus loads for eligible students and determine excess capacity where it exists.
- Open Transfer families are responsible for providing transportation during this time.
- Beginning September 12th, Open Transfer families can request access for their child to ride the bus by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In your communication, please provide your child’s name, student id number along with the bus route and stop location you are requesting. Bus Stop Locator
Student Scan Cards. Bellevue School District utilizes Student Scan Cards to allow families and the school district to track student ridership and follow realtime student and bus location on your phone or mobile device. Students may continue to use a bus scan card from last year. Eligible students will receive a new scan card from the school teacher in the first week of school. During the school year, a replacement scan card for one that is lost or damaged can be requested by contacting email@example.com.
Additional information about BSD transportation can be found on our school district website here: https://bsd405.org/departments/transportation/
Cherry Crest No Transportation Zone. This is the area within 1 walking mile of the school where bus transportation is not provided.