Any request for a schedule change must be submitted to the counselor before the 3rd day of the beginning of the marking period.
Acceptable reasons for a schedule change:
- Student is missing a required class
- Student was inappropriately placed in a class based on grade level
- Student is scheduled into a class they did not request, or a class they did not list as an alternate request.
- It is highly likely that a student will get scheduled into an alternate request, and that is not reason for a schedule change.
Unacceptable reasons for a schedule change:
- Student/Family prefers a different teacher
- Student/Family wants a scheduled class moved to a different period/semester
- Student wants a different lunch
- Student is not earning an A or B, or is earning low grades in the class
Direct communication with the teacher should be the first step in any resolution.