Curriculum Development and Adoption of Instructional Materials Curriculum is evaluated, adapted and developed on a continuing basis and in accordance with a plan for curriculum growth. All new courses or major modifications to existing courses must be approved by the superintendent or designee prior to implementation.
Criteria for Selection of Instructional Material Staff will rely on reason and professional judgment in the selection of high quality materials that comprise a comprehensive collection appropriate for the instructional program.
Instructional Materials Committee
The committee will:
- Receive and act upon recommendations from the Curriculum Department for the adoption of basic instructional materials, approval of supplemental materials, or removal of materials from adopted lists.
- Provide oversight that will guarantee that the established process has been observed in the selection of instructional materials recommended for adoption.
- Hear challenges from patrons regarding instructional materials.
Committee Member Role
- Attend scheduled meetings (Typically three times per school year for approx. 2 hours)
- Serve as a communication link to the community they represent
- Assist in collecting data regarding the instructional materials under consideration
- Through a consensus process, make a formal recommendation to the superintendent and school board
|Mark Wilbert||Curriculum Department|
|Maile Morgan||Middle School Teachers|
|High School Teachers|
|Alison Coombs||Elementary Teachers|
|Amy Yeager||Elementary Librarians|
- Algebra 1 – Geometry – Algebra 2 (AGA) Math Adoption
- Biology Adoption Committee
- Elementary Science Adoption
- French 4 Textbook Adoption
- Honors 7th Grade Language Arts Adoption Committee
- Honors Freshman Literature & Composition Adoption Committee
- ISA Middle School Textbook Adoption
- Japanese Textbook Adoption
- Life Skills Curriculum
- Middle School Science Adoption
- Middle School Social Studies Textbook Adoption Committee
- Reading/Literacy Lab Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Secondary Additional Materials Adoption
- Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
- Special Education Preschool ABA Curriculum Committee
- World History Textbook Adoption