The Instructional Materials Committee is seeking a new parent representative. To apply, complete the Instructional Material Adoption Committee Application Form (PDF). All applications must be received by July 10, 2021, by e-mail, fax or mail. See the application form for more information and how to apply.
Curriculum Development and Adoption of Instructional Materials Curriculum is evaluated, adapted and developed on a continuing basis and in accordance with a plan for curriculum growth. All new courses or major modifications to existing courses must be approved by the superintendent or designee prior to implementation.
Criteria for Selection of Instructional Material Staff will rely on reason and professional judgment in the selection of high quality materials that comprise a comprehensive collection appropriate for the instructional program.
Instructional Materials Committee
The committee will:
- Receive and act upon recommendations from the Curriculum Department for the adoption of basic instructional materials, approval of supplemental materials, or removal of materials from adopted lists.
- Provide oversight that will guarantee that the established process has been observed in the selection of instructional materials recommended for adoption.
- Hear challenges from patrons regarding instructional materials.
Committee Member Role
- Attend scheduled meetings (Typically three times per school year for approx. 2 hours)
- Serve as a communication link to the community they represent
- Assist in collecting data regarding the instructional materials under consideration
- Through a consensus process, make a formal recommendation to the superintendent and school board
- Eric Ferguson (Chair)
- Ken Wong (Representing Equity)
- Thomas O’Connor (Representing Administrators)
- Randi Peterson (Representing the Teaching and Learning Department)
- Maile Morgan (Representing Middle School Teachers)
- Bryona Golding (Representing High School Teachers)
- Alison Coombs (Representing Elementary Teachers)
- Jolyn Danielson (Representing Elementary Librarians)
- Lisa Frumkes (Representing Parents)
- P-7 Mathematics Update Adoption Committee
- Chemistry Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Middle School Social Studies Textbook Adoption Committee
- Spanish 1a-3 Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- World History Textbook Adoption
- Past Curriculum Adoption Committees
- Algebra 1 – Geometry – Algebra 2 (AGA) Math Adoption
- AP Physics Adoption
- Biology Adoption Committee
- Elementary Science Adoption
- French 4 Textbook Adoption
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- Honors 7th Grade Language Arts Adoption Committee
- Honors Freshman Literature & Composition Adoption Committee
- ISA Middle School Textbook Adoption
- Japanese Textbook Adoption
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- Life Skills Curriculum
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- Middle School Science Adoption
- Reading/Literacy Lab Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Secondary Additional Materials Adoption
- Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
- Special Education Preschool ABA Curriculum Committee