Middle School Science Adoption
The Bellevue School District School Board approved the adoption of Amplify Science 6-8 as the new middle school science curriculum on May 2, 2017. Implementation of the curriculum will begin in the 2017-18 school year.
The Bellevue School District is in the process of adopting curriculum for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science courses. In the first semester of 2016-17 the district will be piloting materials in many middle school science classrooms. The adoption committee will consider the feedback from the community, students and teachers to make a decision about the instructional materials by April 2017. The district will begin using some of the new materials in the fall of 2017.
Students across the district are piloting materials in their middle school science classes this fall. The two materials we are piloting are Investigating and Questioning our World through Science and Technology (IQWST) and Amplify Science (6-8).
To learn more about each of the curricula, find information on the following websites:
The committee is facilitated by the science curriculum developer and includes:
- Middle School Science Teachers
- Middle School Administrator(s)
- Special Education Teacher or Developer
- English Language Learner Facilitator or Developer
- Parents (2)
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- Inactive Committees
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program