P-7 Mathematics Update Adoption Committee
June 2021 Update: Teaching and Learning would like to provide a brief update regarding the K-7 Mathematics Curriculum Adoption as we look towards school year 2021-2022.
Adoption Committee Recommendation:
- The elementary math adoption committee has recommended Illustrative Mathematics using the LearnZillion platform for use during the 2021-2022 school year.
- The secondary math adoption committee has recommended Illustrative Mathematics using the Desmos platform for use during the 2021-2022 school year.
In Partnership, Teaching and Learning
The purpose of P-7 Mathematics Instructional Materials Adoption Committee is to carry out the instructional materials selection process and make a recommendation to the Instructional Materials Committee based on objective evidence gathered during this process.
The adoption committee will create a P-12 vision for mathematics in Bellevue and with the assistance of inside and outside expertise, will recommend an instructional material to support students learning math in Bellevue School District.
Approximately 150 P-12 educators are participating in a professional learning series with Dr Phil Daro. Those educators participating in professional learning will be given priority consideration in serving on the P-7 Adoption Committee.
May 19 BSD Mathematics – Philosophy and Evolution Community Event: Please join us on May 19 to hear about the work in BSD to modernize and enhance our current P-12 math system and to have your voice shared. Learn more about this event.
K-7 Curriculum Review and Input Opportunity. We are embarking on a K-7 math curriculum adoption process, as our current materials are outdated. Learn more a about this review and input opportunity.
Have questions? Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
The development of a shared instructional vision and analysis of current core and supplemental materials will necessitate the engagement of a wide and diverse group of stakeholders. The representation on the P-7 Adoption Committee is as follows:
- 2 Facilitators – Teaching and Learning Directors, Elementary and Middle School
- 24 Elementary Educators – 4 per grade
- 10 Middle School Educators – 5 per grade
- 2 Administrators, Elementary
- 1 Administrator, Middle School
- 6 Parent/Family/Community Representatives – 5 Elementary and 1 Middle School
- 7 Teaching and Learning Department Staff
- P-7 Mathematics Update Adoption Committee
- Chemistry Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Middle School Social Studies Textbook Adoption Committee
- Spanish 1a-3 Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- World History Textbook Adoption
- Past Curriculum Adoption Committees
- Algebra 1 – Geometry – Algebra 2 (AGA) Math Adoption
- AP Physics Adoption
- Biology Adoption Committee
- Elementary Science Adoption
- French 4 Textbook Adoption
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- Honors 7th Grade Language Arts Adoption Committee
- Honors Freshman Literature & Composition Adoption Committee
- ISA Middle School Textbook Adoption
- Japanese Textbook Adoption
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- Life Skills Curriculum
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- Middle School Science Adoption
- Reading/Literacy Lab Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Secondary Additional Materials Adoption
- Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
- Special Education Preschool ABA Curriculum Committee