Elementary Science Adoption
The Bellevue School District School Board approved the adoption of FOSS Next Generation as the new elementary science curriculum on May 2, 2017. Implementation of the curriculum will begin in the 2017-18 school year.
The Bellevue School District is in the process of adopting new curriculum for elementary science. The adoption committee will consider feedback from the community, students and teachers to make a decision about the instructional materials by April 2017. The process will culminate in the recommendation of science instructional materials that will be implemented beginning in the fall of 2017.
Students across the district are piloting science materials in their classrooms this fall and winter. The two materials we are piloting are Full Option Science System (FOSS) and Amplify Science (K-5).
To learn more about each of the curricula, find information on the following websites:
The committee for Elementary Science Instructional Materials Adoption has the following composition:
- Facilitated by K-12 STEM Curriculum Developer
- Elementary School Teachers
- Elementary School Administrators
- Special Education Teacher or Developer
- English Language Learner Facilitator or Developer
- Gifted Elementary School Program Curriculum Developer
- BSD Parents
Parent committee members were selected from the applications submitted in March of 2016.
- Algebra 1 – Geometry – Algebra 2 (AGA) Math Adoption
- AP Physics Adoption
- Biology Adoption Committee
- Elementary Science Adoption
- French 4 Textbook Adoption
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- Honors 7th Grade Language Arts Adoption Committee
- Honors Freshman Literature & Composition Adoption Committee
- ISA Middle School Textbook Adoption
- Japanese Textbook Adoption
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- Life Skills Curriculum
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- Middle School Science Adoption
- Reading/Literacy Lab Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Secondary Additional Materials Adoption
- Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
- Special Education Preschool ABA Curriculum Committee