Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
Special Education Technology Curriculum Coach
The Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum Committee will be reviewing district curriculum used to provide specially designed instruction in special education. We will be following the instructional materials selection process and make a recommendation to the Instructional Materials Committee based on evidence gathered during our meetings.
The committee will meet at least two times before the end of the school year (May 8th 4-5:30, May 15 4-6pm). Each meeting will last two hours and will begin and end on time. After the initial meeting, the committee will decide on the next meeting date and time.
The committee will determine a set of criteria to be used in determining the validity and best practice of the curricular material. They will use the criteria to examine direct instruction reading curriculum. Following the outcome of the examination the committee will determine next steps.
The committee will include one elementary special education teacher, one middle school Special Education Teacher, one Special Education Administrator, one Building Administrator, and one parent. The committee will be facilitated by two of the Special Education Technology Curriculum Coaches. Committee members must be present at all meeting for the entirety of scheduled time.
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- Inactive Committees
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program