On Aug. 6, Bellevue School District will launch Online Student Data Verification via ParentVUE. In addition to student demographic data, parents and guardians can update their contact information, as well as edit, update and add emergency contacts, and upload documents to submit to their student’s school(s). Parents of students at multiple schools can complete and submit the verification of their student information at one time.Read More
Online Student Data Verification
12011 NE 1st St
Bellevue, WA 98005
Annually, parents and guardians are required to verify their student’s data, but to date this process has always been on paper. Beginning Aug. 6, parents and guardians of enrolled BSD students will be able to complete this process electronically via ParentVUE. They will:
- Fill out student demographic update forms
- Complete school nurse health information updates
- Update contact information
- Edit, update and add emergency contacts
- Upload documents to submit to their student(s) school(s)
After Aug. 6, parents and guardians must update their student(s) data through this process in order to access all student information via ParentVUE. Once the process has been completed by one family member, access to ParentVUE will be available.
Why Online Student Data Verification?
By updating student’s data, we can communicate academic progress to the appropriate contacts, distribute important information as needed, contact families in emergency situations, and respond to a medical situation appropriately. It’s imperative that we ensure that all information is current, accurate and complete.
Advantages of Online Student Data Verification
- This new feature provides a new option for families to verify their student’s enrollment information online via ParentVUE. The online option supports our culture of service in the ease of use for families to verify and update this information.
- If families choose to verify this information online, they will save time by only having to update emergency contact, demographics and other pertinent info once, instead of per student.
- Most information will also be pre-populated, so if no changes are needed, families can verify, fill-in any blanks and submit.
- Families will have the ability to do this anywhere, on any device via the district website.
- To support equity and inclusion for all families, computer kiosks will be stationed at all 29 schools, plus 3 kiosks at the BSD Student Placement office where parents can also verify this information.
- It is important for families’ information to be up-to-date because BSD will use the information provided by this annual verification process to support student’s academic success and safety.
- By updating student’s data, we can communicate academic progress to the appropriate contacts, distribute important information as needed, contact families in emergency situations and respond to a medical situation. It’s important to ensure that all info is current, accurate and complete.
- This new process will improve data accuracy, significantly reduce papers and streamline the verification process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I login?
Starting Aug. 6, if you have an active ParentVUE account, you can log in to the online student data verification system through this account. Upon your first login, each parent will be directed through the steps to complete the process. Only one parent per family needs to complete this process, but each ParentVUE account will direct you to online student data verification until the process is completed.
After initial completion, you may return to the online student data verification system to make changes throughout the school year. All changes will be routed to the appropriate school level staff member for review and entry into the student database. To go back to the online student data verification system, visit the Verification tab in ParentVUE or the Enrollment & Verification page on the BSD website.
If you experience any issues logging in or other technical issues please contact the Parent Help Desk at email@example.com or (425) 456-4222.
What if I haven't logged in or activated my ParentVUE account before?
If you haven’t logged in to your ParentVUE account before you’ll need to contact the Parent Help Desk at (425) 456-4222.
Can I enroll a new student?
No. This process is for current K-12 BSD students only.
Can I verify my student’s data at home?
Yes. You can verify your student’s data on any device via the Bellevue School District website at www.bsd405.org.
Can I verify my student’s data in the ParentVUE app?
No. At this time the ParentVUE app doesn’t support the student data verification functionality. You may continue to use the app to check your student’s school information, grades, class schedule, attendance, immunization records and progress reports.
Where can I go to update this information if I don't have internet access?
To support equity and inclusion for all families, computer kiosks will be stationed at all 29 schools, plus 3 kiosks at the BSD Student Placement office.
If each parent/guardian has an account, do we both need to verify our student's data?
Only one parent/guardian needs to complete the verification process. However, until the process is complete and one parent or guardian has submitted the changes, all accounts will be directed to verify their student’s data. Once a submission occurs, then all parents/guardians will be able to access their ParentVUE accounts directly.
Can I still submit my verification by paper?
Yes. If you choose to verify your student’s information by paper you can do so by contacting the main office at your student’s school.
If I submit a paper entry, how do I dismiss the pop-up message in ParentVUE?
You won’t be able to dismiss the pop-up message if you choose to use paper. We are currently working on a solution to fix this issue.
Who can verify my student's information?
Parents/guardians are the only ones who are authorized to verify their student’s data.
If parents/guardians are separated are there security measures in place to ensure each one can only change their own information?
Yes. Parents/guardians who live in separate households will only have access to change their own information and cannot alter that of the other parent/guardian.
What training resources are available for families?
Training guides with how-to instructions for families will be available on the district website and at the BSD Kiosks at the time of launch on Aug. 6.
If I have questions who can I contact?
If you have questions you may contact your student’s elementary office manager, or middle or high school registrar. If you experience any issues logging in or other technical issues please contact the Parent Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 456-4222.