Middle school and high school students will use StudentVUE to request courses. Students will receive more information about course offerings and how to use StudentVUE during counselor-led presentations. Parents and guardians will be able to use ParentVUE to view and monitor their student’s course requests for next year.
We encourage students to have a thoughtful dialogue with their families about their course requests as well as their academic plans for the upcoming school year and beyond.
How to Request Courses
- Navigate to StudentVUE or ParentVUE (and select a student if needed). Click on the Course Request button.
- Review the information at the top of the screen. Note the Graduation Status Summary at the bottom of the screen for reference. This will not display for middle school students. Requirements that have not been met will be highlighted in yellow.
- The Selected Course Requests section will display currently requested courses for the student. These may include student selected course requests as well as requests pre-assigned by the school. Click the Click here to enter or change course requests button to select or change course requests.
- Review the instructions at the top of the screen.
- All selected course requests will appear on this screen. All pre-assigned courses cannot be removed. All other courses can be added and removed from this area.
- To add a new class, search on Department, Course ID or Course Title, then click Search Courses. A partial Course ID or Course Title may be entered to increase search results.
- Click the Add Request button to select primary course requests. Click the Alternate button to select alternate courses. Alternate course selections will be prioritized in the order selected. To change alternate course order, remove all of the alternate selections that need to be adjusted and then re-add the courses in the correct order.
- Requests auto-save after selection. The Selected Course Requests list will update to include course requests selected.
- The Comment column shows courses that have a current enrollment as well as results from courses that have already been taken.
- The Selected Course Requests grid will update to include requested courses. Back on the Course Request Summary page, the Graduation Status Summary will update to include requested courses.
- Logout of StudentVUE/ParentVUE.
If you have any questions regarding registration, graduation requirements, or courses, please contact your student’s counselor. If you experience any issues logging into ParentVUE, please contact Parent Help at (425) 456-4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org