New Hires: Required Training
CPR, First Aid and AED Training
Bellevue School District Board policy requires First aid training, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training for the following positions:
- Principals, Assistant Principals
- School office staff designated with health room responsibilities
- Educational assistants with health room duties
- Playground educational assistants
- Teachers who case manage medically fragile students
- Special Education ParaEducators
- Teachers of Physical Education
- Athletic coaches and directors
- Vocational Education Teachers
- Personnel working in school based licensed child-care facilities, Early Learning and Head Start
- Other positions that may be required by law to be trained in First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Bus drivers in accordance with WAC 180-20
If employees with these titles do not have a current CPR/1st Aid/AED card, all newly hired employees will need to register for the course as soon as possible via the District’s Professional Development system.
Additional Training for Certificated Employees
These courses will be accessible once an email account has been created for you. Based on the assignment, more modules maybe required at a later date. Human Resources will verify your completion of the assignments through SafeSchools.
- Access SafeSchools and use your Bellevue School District email account as your login: http://bsd405.wa.safeschools.com/training/home
- View and watch Health: BloodBorne Pathogen Exposure Prevention: Full Course – Including HIV (Washington)
- View and watch Social and Behavioral: Child Abuse: Mandatory Reporting (Primer)
- View and watch Social and Behavioral: Bullying: Recognition and Response (K-12 Washington Primer)
- View and watch Health Emergencies: Life-threatening Allergies (Full Course Washington)