Each parent whose child is receiving home-based instruction must file a Declaration of Intent to Home School by September 15 of the school year.
Request for Part-Time Attendance or Ancillary Services
Students receiving home-based instruction or enrolled in private school are permitted to enroll and receive ancillary services, provided that such students are otherwise eligible for full-time enrollment in the school district and such courses or services are not available in the student’s private school or an approved extension. Students who are receiving home-based instruction and taking courses at or receiving ancillary services from the district or both, or involved in an approved work training program, will need to submit a Request for Part-time Attendance or Ancillary Services Form each school year.
Ancillary service is defined to include counseling, testing, remedial instruction, communication disorders services, physical and occupational therapy, health services, psychological services, tutorial services such as home instruction for the physically disabled and sports activities.
Private school students seeking a course of instruction and/or ancillary service not provided by their private school, or a student who is receiving home-based instruction and is seeking a course of instruction and/or ancillary service are permitted to enroll in courses up to the following amounts of time:
- Kindergarten: Less than 10 hours per week
- Grades 1-3: Less than 20 hours per week
- Grades 4-5: Less than 25 hours per week
- Grades 6-12: Five periods a day and less than 25 hours per week
- Establishing Residency
- Exceptions to Entrance Requirements
- Home-Based Instruction
- InterDistrict Transfer
- Open Transfer (formerly Open Enrollment)
- Apply to Choice Schools and Programs
- Status of Schools 2020-2021 (Current) School Year
- Status of Schools 2021-2022 (Next) School Year
- Transfer Request