Transferring out of the Bellevue School District
If you are a resident of the Bellevue School District and wish to request an InterDistrict Transfer to a different school district, please complete the Choice Transfer Request Form and submit it to BSD Student Placement office as indicated on the bottom of the 1st page.
Transferring into the Bellevue School District
New Student Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2020-2021 school year.
Nonresident applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be accepted from March 1 to June 15, 2021. To view nonresident frequently asked questions click here. All new student applications received prior to March 1, 2021 will be denied and you will need to re-apply during the acceptable enrollment period for your application to be considered.
If you are not a resident of Bellevue School District please consider the following information.
- Priority is given to Bellevue School District resident students.
- Closed schools do not have sufficient capacity to accept out- of-district transfer students. Check the Status of Schools to determine which schools are open to enrollment.
- Open schools may not have sufficient capacity at the grade level you are requesting to accept out- of-district transfer students. Approval is determined by, but not limited to, the capacity at the school you are requesting.
The following two documents are required in order for you to apply:
State Law requires that a Choice Transfer Request be submitted each year.
- Establishing Residency
- Exceptions to Entrance Requirements
- Home-Based Instruction
- InterDistrict Transfer
- Open Transfer (formerly Open Enrollment)
- Apply to Choice Schools and Programs
- Status of Schools 2020-2021 (Current) School Year
- Status of Schools 2021-2022 (Next) School Year
- Transfer Request