Transferring Out of the Bellevue School District

Bellevue School District students wanting to transfer to another District

If you live in the Bellevue School District and wish to transfer to a school in another District or to an approved Washington State online program offered through another public school district, please complete the Choice Transfer Request Form and email it to

Contact the desired school or program to find out if they are accepting new nonresident students and learn about their application process (each district has their own application and enrollment process). Releasing your student with a Choice Transfer Request (CTR) does not guarantee acceptance by the other school district. The new school district will notify you by email if your CTR has been approved or denied. If your student is approved you must withdraw your student from their current school in preparation for their transfer to the new district.

Transferring into the Bellevue School District

Nonresident students wanting to enroll in a Bellevue School District school

 Thank you for your interest in Bellevue SD schools. Please note that the following schools are at enrollment capacity and will NOT be accepting nonresident transfer students for the 2022-23 school year:

  • Interlake HS, Newport HS
  • Odle MS, Tillicum MS, Tyee MS
  • Bennett ES, Cherry Crest ES, Somerset ES, Spiritridge ES,  Stevenson ES, Wilburton ES

If you are interested in applying to the new Bellevue Online School for the 2022-23 school year please click here.

 The nonresident waitlist application period is open. If you are interested in enrolling in a Bellevue School District School for the 2022-23 school year please click on the green button below to add your student’s information to the waitlist.

Submit a Nonresident Student Waitlist Application

You may select one school. You will be able to indicate whether you are interested in other schools if space is available. If we are able to offer placement we will request nonresident paperwork at that time.

Please note: Interdistrict Transfer Applications and Choice Transfer Requests submitted without receiving an offer will be denied.

To view nonresident frequently asked questions click here.

Bellevue School District Employees

If you are a Bellevue School District employee that lives out of BSD attendance boundaries and would like your student to enroll in a BSD school, please contact to learn the enrollment possibilities and process for your student.

Nonresident students currently enrolled in a BSD school

To submit your renewal Choice Transfer Request for the upcoming school year, please click the link below to access the OSPI parent portal. You will need an active email address to use the system.  You will be directed to enter your email address, then an access code will be emailed to you that you will need to enter to begin.

Submit a Choice Transfer Request to your resident district.

State Law requires that a Choice Transfer Request be submitted each year.

The Bellevue School District acknowledges that we learn, work, live and gather on the Indigenous Land of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the Duwamish and Snoqualmie Tribes. We thank these caretakers of this land, who have lived and continue to live here, since time immemorial.