Open Transfer and Choice Schools & Programs Information for Full-Time Employees
This information applies to students who are children of full-time Employee of the Bellevue School District.
If your student is new to the Bellevue School District and you are interested in applying to a school (other than your attendance area school for residents) you will need to submit an Open Transfer application for attendance area school. Incoming kindergarten or 6th grade students may also apply to Choice Schools or Programs.
Current students who wish to attend a different school or are changing school levels need to apply via Open Transfer and/or through the Choice Schools/Program application process; unless you are moving up levels in a program (i.e. Spanish Immersion, Dual Language Mandarin/Spanish or Advanced Learning) or you are a resident student continuing in your feeder pattern.
What is considered full-time?
Students of BSD full-time employees are considered as resident students for Open Transfer and Choice School/Program applications. Please indicate if you are a full-time employee when submitting your applications. Student Placement will verify full-time status with Human Resources. Full-time employees are defined as:
- classified employees who work 30 hours per week
- certificated employees who work 0.75 FTE
Full-time Employees Who Work at a School
Your student is guaranteed to enroll at the school or in the feeder pattern where you are employed, this applies to both resident and nonresident full-time employees. You must be a full-time employee at the school for your student to be accepted and when they begin attending. Once enrolled your student(s) may continue in the feeder pattern to that school, even in the event you are no longer employed by the District.
If your student is not currently enrolled at a Bellevue School District school you need to submit an Open Transfer application for the school you want, even if you are requesting the school where you work.
Employees who do not work at a school or who want to request a school other than or outside their school’s feeder pattern must apply through the following:
- Open Transfer – full-time employees (resident and nonresident) with students new to BSD will need to go through the online Open Transfer process. Your student is guaranteed a space at a school in the District. Student Placement will work with you to find a spot if the school you request is not available. Please submit one Open Transfer online application for the one school you are interested in.
- Choice Schools/Program – incoming 6th grade and kindergarten students of all full-time employees (resident and nonresident) interested in Choice Schools/Programs will need to apply through the online Choice Schools/Program Application process. Your student(s) will be on an equal basis with resident applicants. Please submit a Choice Schools/Program online application for each Choice Schools/Program you are interested in.
Students of resident employees are required to establish residency. Students of nonresident employees are required to submit nonresident paperwork each year.
After your student has been admitted to a school or program, you are required to submit the appropriate enrollment and residency documents.
- Resident employees will be required to submit residency documents as requested.
- New Students will be required to establish residency
- Current students will be required to provide their most recent PSE bill
- Nonresident employees will be required to submit interdistrict forms that will be requested by Student Placement.
- Students enrolling in a new school will need to submit both a BSD Interdistrict Transfer application and a Choice Transfer Request to their resident school district.
- Students continuing at the same school are required to submit a Choice Transfer Request to their resident school district.
Thank you in advance for your quick turnaround submitting these forms when requested!