Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
Special Education Technology Curriculum Coach
The Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum Committee will be reviewing district curriculum used to provide specially designed instruction in special education. We will be following the instructional materials selection process and make a recommendation to the Instructional Materials Committee based on evidence gathered during our meetings.
The committee will meet at least two times before the end of the school year (May 8th 4-5:30, May 15 4-6pm). Each meeting will last two hours and will begin and end on time. After the initial meeting, the committee will decide on the next meeting date and time.
The committee will determine a set of criteria to be used in determining the validity and best practice of the curricular material. They will use the criteria to examine direct instruction reading curriculum. Following the outcome of the examination the committee will determine next steps.
The committee will include one elementary special education teacher, one middle school Special Education Teacher, one Special Education Administrator, one Building Administrator, and one parent. The committee will be facilitated by two of the Special Education Technology Curriculum Coaches. Committee members must be present at all meeting for the entirety of scheduled time.
- Algebra 1 – Geometry – Algebra 2 (AGA) Math Adoption
- AP Physics Adoption
- Biology Adoption Committee
- Elementary Science Adoption
- French 4 Textbook Adoption
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- Honors 7th Grade Language Arts Adoption Committee
- Honors Freshman Literature & Composition Adoption Committee
- ISA Middle School Textbook Adoption
- Japanese Textbook Adoption
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- Life Skills Curriculum
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- Middle School Science Adoption
- Reading/Literacy Lab Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Secondary Additional Materials Adoption
- Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
- Special Education Preschool ABA Curriculum Committee
- World History Textbook Adoption